Asian Sesame Lupin Chicken
Oil of your choice
1 Chicken Breast cut into cubes
1/4 cup GF Flour
1 organic free range Egg
1/3 cup Lupin Flakes
For the sauce
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 clove grated/minced Garlic
1cm fresh Ginger grated/minced (optional)
1/4 cup Tamari
1/4 cup Water
1 1/2 tbsp Rice Wine
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
2-3 tbsp Honey
Pinch of Chilli (optional)
1/2 tbsp Tapioca Flour
Sesame Seeds & fresh chopped Coriander or Spring Onion for serving
Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add flour to a small bowl, egg to a small bowl and whisk, and the lupin flakes to another small bowl.
- Coat chicken in flour, then dip into the egg followed by coating it lightly in the lupin flakes.
- Place separately on your lined baking tray and drizzle with oil of your choice.
- Bake for 10 mins, flip and cook for another 5-10 mins until crispy.
- Now to make the sauce. In a small saucepan on low-medium heat add the olive oil and garlic(and ginger if using).
- Cool for about 2 mins to release their flavour into the oil.
- Whisk in the tamari, water, rice wine, sesame oil, honey and chilli (if using). Bring to a simmer whisking often.
- Add the tapioca flour and whisk until thickened. Taste and add more honey or tamari if needed.
- Add chicken to the sauce and toss to combine.
- Add to your bowl of sticky rice and veggies and garnish with sesame seeds, fresh coriander and or chopped spring onion.