Simple Chocolate Tart
2 free range Egg whites
1/4 tsp Fine Salt
Seeds from 1/2 a Vanilla Pod
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
2 cups Desiccated Coconut
285g Raw Dark Chocolate
1 cup Coconut Cream
- Pre heat the oven to 160C.
- To make the base start by whisking 2 organic free range egg whites and salt until you have stiff peaks.
- Then add the seeds from 1/2 a vanilla pod maple syrup and fold though.
- Follow by adding the desiccated coconut and fold again.
- Press into greased or lined mini tart cases and bake at 160C for approx 18mins until golden. Make sure base is nice and thin so that it crisps up, but not too thin as it needs to hold the chocolate.
- Once cooled make the filling. Melt the raw dark chocolate and coconut cream on low heat. Allow to cool slightly, then pour into popped out tart cases on lined tray, top with whatever you like, and place in fridge to set.