Roast Vegetable & Quinoa Salad
1/2 cup Tri Coloured Quinoa
4 Brussel Sprouts, sliced in half
1 cup Cauliflower Florets
1 cup diced Pumpkin
1/2 a small chopped Zucchini
1 cup Leafy Greens
1/2 cup cooked Chickpeas
2 tbsp Pesto
Juice of 1/2 a large Lemon
Optional toppings - Pepitas, Sunflower seeds, Activated Buckwheat, Tamari Almonds, Sauerkraut
- Preheat an oven to 180°C and chop the vegetables into large pieces and place in a roasting tray/dish.
- Coat the vegetables in a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until desired. Whilst the vegetables are cooking, rinse the quinoa then add to a saucepan with 1 cup of water.
- Bring to the boil then simmer with the lid on until all the water has been absorbed.
- Once the vegetables and quinoa are cooked leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Toss quinoa, vegetables, leafy greens, pesto and lemon juice in a large bowl. Top with desired seeds, nuts or sauerkraut.