Raw Christmas Pudding
15 Organic Medjool Dates
10 Organic Dried Apricots
3 dried whole Figs
2 tbsp sour Cherries
1 1/2 cups Blanched Almond Meal
4 tbsp Flax Meal
1/2 Organic Vanilla Pod
1/4 tsp Organic Allspice
1/4 tsp Organic Ground Ginger
1/4 tsp Organic Ground Nutmeg
1 tsp Organic True Cinnamon
2 tbsp Orange Zest
1/4 cup Orange Juice
1 tsp grated fresh Ginger
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Remove the Medjool dates from the jar and take out the pits.
- Remove the vanilla pod, slice down the centre to expose the seeds and set aside.
- Tip all your ingredients into a food processor, scrape in the vanilla seeds and add the orange zest and grated fresh ginger.
- Blend until you have a crumb-like consistency. Tip into a large bowl and add the orange juice and coconut oil.
- Knead the mixture until it comes together into a large ball.
- Mould into the desired shape using your hands and wrap in cling wrap or parchment paper and set in the fridge.
- Remove from fridge approx. 15 mins before serving and decorate as you like.